Headlines: Tuesday 26 April 2022
– Tuesday saw US markets drop again as investors worry about Fed moves to tackle inflation and possible Beijing lockdown.
– Tesla has $126 billion wiped off of market value.
– Maine has passed a budget which will give residents $850 to deal with inflation.
– West Texas crude oil finished over $100 as Chinese central bank pledges to support economy with possible Beijing lockdown coming.
– Congress has returned from recess to take up Biden spending proposals.
– Average mortgage interest rates hit 5.1 percent, forcing many to revise their housing market projections for 2022.
– Full student debt cancellation has not been proposed, but the White House has cancelled some borrowers’ debt. Who is affected?
Helpful links & information
– What are the nine states that do not pay income tax and why?
– Missed the tax deadline? These are the penalties to be aware of.
– Can federal student loans be forgiven after 10 or 25 years?
– Stimulus checks can still be claimed, if you haven’t received the federal payments.