Latest Financial News Headlines
– President Biden announces ban on imports of all Russian oil, gas and energy
– Crude oil prices drop over 17% after OPEC member UAE says it favors increasing output.
– US average gasoline price hits a new record at $4.25 a gallon according to AAA – Why is it so high?
– ICE Benchmark Administration (IBA) shows expected inflation rate over the next year has risen from 3.5% to 5.24%
– White House report finds lack of competition in job market is has reduced workers’ salary by around 20%
– Unemployment rate dropped to 3.8% in February as the economy added 678,000 new jobs
– Inflation remains at 7.5% after experiencing the highest increase in nearly 17 years last week
– Looking to apply for financial aid? Remember to check the deadline for submitting the FAFSA
– Social Security Administration will reopen 1,200 local offices which had been closed due to the pandemic. What to do in the meantime
– Dow Jones Industrial Average falls by 3 percent, but defense and weapons manufacturers Haliburton (+5.0 %) and Lockheed Martin (+15.0%) enjoy a boost
Helpful links and Information
– Do SNAP benefits expire?
– How long should you expect to wait for your tax refund?
– Could gas prices increase more after Russian invasion?